Hyderabad Police Shares 14 Tips For Women Safety; Twitter Furious Over It!Home > News Shots > India news
Days after the Hyderabad veterinary doctor was gang-raped and murdered on November 27; it has led to a nationwide outrage. Ever since the incident has taken place, women in the country are questioning the police and government as to how the city is not safe for a lady.
Concerning over the same, Hyderabad Police on Monday launched a 14 tip advisory for women or girls on how to be safe while travelling. According to India Today reports, the advisory tips were released by Commissioner of Police and IPS, Anjani Kumar.
The points are listed below;
-Always inform family/friends of where you are going and when you will return.
-Share live locations and images of license plates when riding public transport.
- Get to know about the route if going to an unfamiliar place.
- Always wait in crowded and in illuminated areas. Avoid isolated areas. Never hesitate while giving signal to police patrol cars or Blue Colt police motorcycles in the area for help. They are for your safety and security.
- If there is no person visible around, you should walk to a nearest shop, commercial unit and stand very close to it so moving traffic can easily observe you.
- Always be ready to Dial 100.
- Download Hawk Eye
- Telangana Police mobile application and put the location services on at all times.
- In suspicious circumstances, please ask help from passengers around you.
- If there are no passengers or passersby, act like you are talking to your relative on phone who is a police, and share all the details of place and vehicles and people around you, this will scare them.
- Be confident and talk loud when confronted. Shout for help if situation requires.
- If you are in a helpless situation, please shout and run towards a crowded area.
- Together we work to prevent crimes. Inform local police about local bad hats.
- In case you want to send some pictures for verification you can send on WhatsApp at 9490616555.
The long list of Do's and Don'ts was shared by the IPS on her social media handle. Among all the points, not one point put the responsibility on the rapists.
Minutes after being shared; Twitter, especially women, were furious over the list. They condemn the list while many called it a one-sided.
Among many tweets; one Twitter user said, "We are raped by men so for heaven's sake issue a damn advisory for men to NOT RAPE us. Why the hell are we paying the penalty for men who are monsters? This is the problem, tell your men to NOT RAPE WOMEN! Keep your damn safety advisory to yourself."
Check the other tweets below:
Yes! Advisory for women to prevent rapes! Let me see...should women lock themselves in their houses? Oh wait a minute. Even then, they might not be safe! Cases of abuse at home by family members are rampant too. So, should we just stop living? Easier?— Chandreyi (@Chandreyisengu1) December 2, 2019
SHE was doing everything by the book. Everything we consider "safe" and "acceptable". It wasn't "too late" in the night. SHE was dressed ''decently". SHE was not "drunk". SHE didn't get into a "fight". @hydcitypolice. It's the police force that needs some training and advisories— Shailaja Tripathi (@ShailajaTripat3) December 2, 2019
Hyderabad police issues advisory to all women.???..wtf. Why only Women... even bloody Men & Boys should:
1. Inform family/friends about their dirty intentions.
2. Share the location where their mind gets corrupted with dirty thoughts.
3. Keep away from possible easy rape victims.— HeyGuru (@HoJaShuru) December 2, 2019