Apple store evacuated after battery explodes

Home > World news
By |
Apple store evacuated after battery explodes

An Apple store in Amsterdam had to be evacuated and temporarily closed after an iPad's battery exploded on Sunday, reports NDTV.

Employees at the store secured the iPad and immersed the battery in a container of sand after it exploded. Though no major injuries were reported, three employees reportedly experienced trouble with breathing and received treatment.

News of phones exploding has had adverse effects on sales. It wasn't long ago when Samsung had to pull several models of its Note 7 after several people complained of it exploding with even United States-based air carriers disallowing them in cabins.

(Representative image)