A college student lost his life due to electrocution, after he climbed atop a train in Coimbatore and touched the electric wire above it, police said.
Srihari, a BCA student at a private college, had gone near the Peelamedu Railway Station to have tea with five of his friends from the hostel at around 4 AM. Seeing a goods train carry petroleum products at the station, he expressed his desire to check the electric wire above, police said.
Despite being warned by his friends repeatedly, Srihari climbed on top of the train, touched the live wire and died on the spot. On being informed by his friends, Railway police recovered his body and have sent it for post-mortem.