The 65th General Body Meeting of Nadigar Sangam took place yesterday at Kalaivanar Arangam. The event started with the Tamizh Thaai Vazhthu song, followed by a 1 minute silent prayer for the 48 members of the Nadigar Sangam, who passed away in the previous year, including M. Karunanidhi (Lifetime member) and Sridevi. They also prayed for all those who lost their lives in the Kerala floods.
The following are the events that took place, in chronological order.
1) Welcome Address by Mr. Ponvannan, Vice President of Nadigar Sangam
2) Presentation of the Expenditure and Income during the year 2017-18 by Mr. Karunas, Vice President.
3) Presentation of future plan of action by SI Karthi, the Treasurer
4) Recommendation of new rules and regulations by Vishal, General Secretary.
5) Discussion among members of Nadigar Sangam
6) Vote of Thanks by Nasser, the President of Nadigar Sangam.
7) National Anthem
Once the General Body meeting concluded, all the members of the Sangam were provided lunch. The lunch was sponsored by actors Mano Bala, Yogi Babu, Chaams, Vignesh, Sathish and Soori.
A few prominent members who came to the meeting were Bhagyaraj, Arun Vijay, Vijay Sethupathi, Harish Uthaman, Sathish, Yogi Babu, Premji, Jeeva and others. The theatre artists from districts like Madurai, Salem, Trichy, Coimbatore, Vellore, Tanjore, and Pudukottai also attended the meeting.