Yogendra Yadav, a psephologist-turned-politician, and founder of the Swaraj India party was detained and allegedly manhandled by Tamil Nadu police during his visit to Tiruvannamalai today.
Yadav and his party officials travelled to Tiruvannamalai to meet a group of farmers who were protesting against the proposed Rs.10,000 crore eight-lane Chennai-Salem highway. Taking to twitter, Yadav has accused the Tamil Nadu police of manhandling him when we has going to meet the farmers.
The police, however, has denied these allegations, claiming that Yadav had not sought prior permission to meet the farmers. The cops believe that Yadav and his associates would have needed police protection as the situation could have turned volatile, given the sensitivity of the issue.
Yadav has also alleged that he was arrested after he spoke to a senior district official about complaints of land acquisition and police excesses.
"We tried contacting the Tiruvannamalai district collector to explain the purpose of our visit. But police officials snatched out phones and dragged us to their vehicles. Police officials should be answerable for manhandling me and my party members," he said.
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
’இது கோவையில் ஒருநாள்’:ஒரேநேரத்தில் 12 சிக்னலை நிறுத்தி குழந்தைக்கு சிகிச்சை அளித்த திக்திக் நிமிடங்கள்.!
OTHER NEWS SHOTS
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
- Man Blackmails Girlfriend To Install Spy Camera In Girls Hostel Bathroom
- கொலை செய்யப்பட்ட தாய்.. நிற்கதியான 13 வயது மகன்.. நெகிழவைத்த காவலர்!
- Woman Kills Infant Daughter; Says She 'Brought Bad Luck' To Family
- Horrific: Minor's Decomposing Body Found With Missing Organs And Eyes Gouged Out
- பொது நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஐபிஎஸ் மகளுக்கு சல்யூட் அடித்த காவல்துறை துணை ஆணையர் !
- Eat, Rob, Run: Duo Break Into Restaurant To Loot Cash, Eat Biryani Instead
- வார்டுக்கு ஒரு எஸ்.ஐ..போன் செய்தால் வீடு தேடி வரும் போலீஸ் !
- Shocking: Baby Flung To Ground By Mother During Quarrel
- Mumbai Police's Message On Consent Hits The Nail On The Head
- Batman Pulled Over By Cops. What Happened Next Will Put A Smile On Your Face