*Image courtesy: Times Of India*
While it has become a trend to explore international destinations for honeymoon trips, a newly-married couple from England decided to pick the iconic Nilgiri Hills. But what has got people talking is their mode of transport to reach the hills.
The couple became the first to book an entire train to travel from Mettupalayam to Udhagamandalam. They paid a whooping Rs. 3 lakh to book the special train, introduced by Southern Railways. Graham William Lynn and his wife Silviya Plasic got hitched about two weeks ago, and then embarked on a honeymoon trip to India.
"While planning our honeymoon, we decided to charter the iconic steam train to the Nilgiris. We thought it would be romantic to have the entire train to ourselves," Lynn was quoted as saying by The Hindu.
The couple booked the entire train through the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism website. Being the first to avail the service, they received a rousing welcome by the station managers at Mettupalayam and Coonoor.
The couple travelled in a three-coach train, with a seating capacity of 143 people. Experiencing the serenity of the iconic mountains, their journey lasted for five and a half hours.
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
OTHER NEWS SHOTS
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
- Man forgets 6-year-old daughter in Mumbai train, cops find her asleep on seat
- ட்ரெயின்ல போறீங்களா....கொஞ்சம் இதையும் தெரிஞ்சுக்கங்க!
- Dispose water bottles; get paid by Railways
- Railways to impose fine on those carrying excess luggage
- ட்ரெயின் டிக்கெட் கன்பர்ம் ஆகுமா? ஆகாதா?.. புதிய வசதி அறிமுகம்!
- Gandhi Jayanthi: Railways to ban this food item on trains and stations
- Insect in Railway’s food: Woman gets Rs 10,000 compensation
- Watch: Video of vendor bringing tea from train toilet goes viral
- Pallavan Express derails near Trichy
- Train derails for second time in 12 hours