Two days after holding a massive rally in Chennai, expelled DMK leader MK Azhagiri has challenged the DMK to win the upcoming by-polls in Thiruparangundram and Thiruvarur without him.
Speaking exclusively to India Today, the former DMK strongman from Madurai said that the party will lose the elections as they do not have the expertise of his campaigning and election work. "It will be a 100% loss for the party if they do not re-induct me. Without my support, they would even fall down to the fourth position. Party leadership does not have a connection with grassroot-level workers," he said.
Azhagiri has also accused his brother and DMK President MK Stalin of running the party like a 'corporate company', and not listening to the advice of senior party members. He also claimed that the DMK's over-confidence cost them the RK Nagar elections in December 2017.
Azhagiri recently held a silent march to pay homage to his father and former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. While the march was a silent affair, Azhagiri claimed that over 1 lakh people attended the rally, which has created buzz in the DMK.
Speaking about differences with his brother Stalin, Azhagiri said that he is open to working with his brother to strengthen the party, but warned that his patience is limited.
"I have worked with him in many elections. He has come for Thirumangalam elections, Sankarankovil elections; We have worked together for my father's success. I have worked for him also. Stalin and I don't have family issues. There are political differences. I don't want to comment on solving the differences with him" he added
Azhagiri believes that a conspiracy was hatched to keep him away from the party, despite his father's willingness to re-induct him. "Certain leaders in the party are afraid of my popularity. They are threatened by my growth. That's why they ensured I am not re-inducted."
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
OTHER NEWS SHOTS
திருவாரூரில் குழாய் மூலம் கொண்டுசெல்லப்படும் பெட்ரோல்.. விளைநிலங்களுக்கு பாதிப்பா..? இந்தியன் ஆயில் விளக்கம்!
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
- 'I Would Repeat The Slogan': MK Stalin Backs Student Who Shouted Anti-BJP Slogan
- கட்சி தலைமையின் காலில் தொண்டர்கள் விழ வேண்டாம்.. அது அடிமைத் தனம்.. ’தி.மு.க’ ஸ்டாலின்!
- முதல்வர் ’பஞ்ச்’.. எத்தனை திமுக வந்தாலும் அதிமுகவை கலைக்கும் எண்ணம் நிறைவேறாது!
- கட்சியில் சேர்த்தால் ஸ்டாலினை தலைவராக ஏற்க தயார்: மு.க.அழகிரி அதிரடி!
- "Ready to accept Stalin as leader if...": MK Azhagiri
- அதிமுகவுக்கு ஸ்டாலின் ஒரு வில்லன், டிடிவி மற்றொரு வில்லன்: ஆர்.பி.உதயகுமார் விமர்சனம்!
- கூட்டணியை ஸ்டாலினின் பேச்சு உறுதிப்படுத்தியுள்ளது.. தமிழக காங்., தலைவர்!
- அண்ணா,கலைஞர் பாதையில் 'ஸ்டாலின்' பயணிக்க வேண்டும்:விஜயகாந்த் வாழ்த்து
- Dayalu Ammal, late M Karunanidhi's wife admitted to hospital
- திராவிட முன்னேற்ற கழக தலைவருக்கு மங்கள ஆரத்தி எடுத்து வரவேற்பு!