Ajinkya Rahane has got the approval from BCCI and has signed his deal to play County Championship for Hampshire. He will play eight matches for the team replacing Aiden Makram from South Africa who is selected as a part of their Worldcup Squad. Rahane will also be the first Indian overseas player to play for Hampshire.
After not being considered for the world cup squad, Ajinkya Rahane had shown interest in playing county cricket after his teammates from the test team Pujara, Ishant Sharma and R Ashwin had played last year and benefited from the stint.
This is good news for Rahane as he is one of the most important players in the test line up and this will definitely help improve his game. Particularly after not having a great series last year in England scoring just 257 runs at an average of 25.70, he will be able to use this opportunity to get better in English conditions.
OTHER NEWS SHOTS
RELATED NEWS STORIES
- RCB move from bottom of the Table!!! Look at the astonishing difference in the last 3 overs!!!
- West Indies announce Worldcup Squad !!! No Pollard, No Narine but IPL star is IN !!!
- Will KL Rahul get in trouble again !!! Big Mistake again !!!
- Funny Memes - Rashid Khan getting trolled for taking on Watson !!!
- Watch Video !!! Umpires turning pickpockets for Kohli vs Ashwin???
- Shane Watson directly points out RCB's problem???
- #Viral! "Dhoni hits sixes all the time!" Cute exchange between CSK's Watson and his son
- Shane Watson repays Dhoni's faith with a match-winning innings !!! Just as it happened here!!
- After Rahane, Dinesh Karthik to get sacked from captaincy???
- Watch Video !!! 'Thala' Dhoni lightning fast and Warner doesn't even wait for umpires decision!!!