In a shocking incident from Uttar Pradesh, a village panchayat allegedly tried to force a minor gang-rape victim's family to accept a monetary sum of Rs. 80,000 from the accused.
A 14-year-old minor girl was gang-raped by four youths in Aligarh district. A village panchayat was convened after the girl's family informed the villagers of this act. However, instead of punishing the accused, the panchayat asked the accused to pay Rs.80,000 as compensation to settle the case.
The victim's brother, however, refused to accept it and approached the police. An FIR was then filed in the case and three of the accused were arrested under various sections of the IPC and POCSO Act.
According to police, the 14-year-old minor was caught and dragged by the four men to an isolated place on last Wednesday evening when she stepped out to relieve herself. According to a Times of India report, the four accused have been identified as Lalit Kumar, Chetan, Vikas and Lakhan.
When the victim's brother refused to accept the compensation, he was barred from stepping out of the village. "After trying for almost an entire day, I managed to step out and reach the local police station on Saturday night," her brother said.
Three of the accused have been arrested, while Chetan is still absconding.
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
OTHER NEWS SHOTS
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
- Politician Detained And 'Manhandled' By Tamil Nadu Police
- ’இது கோவையில் ஒருநாள்’:ஒரேநேரத்தில் 12 சிக்னலை நிறுத்தி குழந்தைக்கு சிகிச்சை அளித்த திக்திக் நிமிடங்கள்.!
- Police use 'The Nun' movie poster to pass on parking message
- 22-Yr-Old Tamil Nadu Man Commits Suicide After Taking Blue Whale Challenge
- CHILLING: 9-Yr-Old Gang-Raped, Eyes Gouged Out, Burnt With Acid
- Man Blackmails Girlfriend To Install Spy Camera In Girls Hostel Bathroom
- கொலை செய்யப்பட்ட தாய்.. நிற்கதியான 13 வயது மகன்.. நெகிழவைத்த காவலர்!
- Woman Kills Infant Daughter; Says She 'Brought Bad Luck' To Family
- Horrific: Minor's Decomposing Body Found With Missing Organs And Eyes Gouged Out
- பொது நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஐபிஎஸ் மகளுக்கு சல்யூட் அடித்த காவல்துறை துணை ஆணையர் !