Almost a month after opening its store in Hyderabad, Swedish housing firm IKEA faced an embarrassing situation after a customer allegedly found a worm in the vegetable biryani that was served to him.
The customer, Abeed Mohammad tweeted about the incident and also notified the food safety officer of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC). He also alerted and tagged the Hyderabad police, Telangana Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development KT Rama Rao.
The GHMC had later issued a notice to the firm and also fined them Rs. 11,500 for flouting norms related to waste segregation and use of plastic covers. The team has now gathered food samples for analysis. "They had shown proof that the food was not prepared at their kitchen, but was flown in from Halidiram in Nagpur, with whom they had tied up for food supply," an officer said.
Responding to the customer's tweet, IKEA has apologised for the incident and put out a statement. "We apologize for the unfortunate experience. We are investigating the matter and will take immediate corrective action . At IKEA, we have the strictest guidelines when it comes to food quality as customer health and safety are something we care about deeply," said the statement
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
OTHER NEWS SHOTS
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
- VIRAL: Man Lights Rockets Like A Daredevil; Watch The Video Here
- After Kiki And Momo Challenge, The Internet Has Got A New Craze
- Shocking: Baby Flung To Ground By Mother During Quarrel
- Mumbai Police's Message On Consent Hits The Nail On The Head
- கொஞ்சம் சத்தமா சொல்லிப்பாருங்களேன் முதலமைச்சரே?
- ட்விட்டர் போர்.சு.சுவாமியை மனநோயாளி என்று விமர்சித்த தயா அழகிரி !
- Groom and 8 others arrested for hosting 'belly-dancing' at wedding reception
- Photo of 'Gold Paste' seized at airport goes viral
- Former cricketer spends Rs 7 lakh for 'meal of a lifetime'
- Shocking - Man murders friend for his smartphone