Looks like social media cannot have enough of Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb. The Bharatiya Janata party leader who has already made several arbitrary and bizarre remarks in the past, is at it again. This time he has landed himself into controversy by claiming that ducks can increase oxygen levels in water bodies by swimming in them.
Addressing the crowd at a boat race event at Rudrasagar, Biplab claimed that aquatic birds recycle water when they swim, thus raising the oxygen level in water bodies. "When ducks swim in water, the oxygen level automatically increases in the water body. This rise in oxygen, in turn, makes the fish population increase," claimed Biplab
According to Deb, the benefits of duck rearing do not end there. He also claimed that children would greatly benefit from additional protein and vitamin supplements if every family in the area kept at least five ducks.
This is not the first time Deb has made a controversial statement. Earlier in April, he alleged that the internet existed even in the days of Mahabharat. He also claimed that Rabindranath Tagore "gave away his Nobel Prize" in protest against the British.
Looks like Tripura CM is about to become Internet's favourite meme material, yet again.
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
OTHER NEWS SHOTS
RELATED NEWS SHOTS
- Water tanker hits woman to death in drought-ridden Shimla
- BSF jawan guns down 3 colleagues, kills self
- Water mafia: Tankers ignore regulations, extract groundwater in Chennai
- Cuddalore lake in making to supply water for Chennai
- Water supply in Chennai’s prominent areas to be disturbed for 2 days
- Video of PM Modi snubbing LK Advani at public event goes viral
- One more statue of Lenin vandalised in Tripura
- BJP men bulldoze Lenin statue in Tripura
- Cape Town moving towards no-water state
- Huge relief for Chennaites this summer